Advanced Powerboat Exam
The RYA/MCA Advanced Powerboat Exam is a practical test of skippering by day and night. It is an external exam run by an RYA Powerboat Trainer. There are no powerboat Trainers working locally, and so we would either need to bring one in or you would need to head away to do the exam. Either way it is best to leave 6-8 weeks at least from the time of booking the exam. If you want to do this then you will need to contact us to work out availability, and usually it would be best for 2 or 3 people to be assessed at the same time.
Before you contact us please check that you:
- Can provide a boat (ours can be hired to use for the exam).
- Have completed the required mileage and experience as skipper (see below).
- Hold a VHF/SRC Radio Operators License.
- Hold a valid First aid certificate.
- Have read the syllabus in RYA publication G20.
- Have read and comply with the pre-requisites below.
|Minimum seatime|| |
|Form of exam||Practical.|
|Certification required|| |
|Minimum exam duration||4 to 5 hours 2 candidates: 5 to 6 hours 3 candidates: 6 to 7 hours. No more than three candidates can be examined in one session.|
Commercial Endorsing your Powerboat qualification